October 2023 started off excitingly for the girls of classes 1AHITN (form teacher Ms Elisabeth Schaludek-Paletschek) and 2AHWII (form teacher Mr Eduard Schmid) as they were invited to take part in the Future Female Festival 2023, a one-day event held at the Ottakring brewery.
On October 4 the students got an insight into event management by helping to prepare the event. The day after, October 5, they were able to attend the top-class festival free of charge. The tagline of the event was ‘Level-Up: New Working Worlds’ and the girls enjoyed an empowering day which helped prepare them for the future world of work by addressing the following questions:
- What will the workplace of the future look like?
- How important is mental health becoming in the workplace?
- What does employer branding involve?
- What role will artificial intelligence play?
- What happens in the metaverse?
- What does it take to inspire Gen Z?
- How will managers lead?
- Who will shape the future?
The aim of the event was to bring together respected industry speakers, panellists, and personal stories to provoke thinking, answer questions and share sustainable solutions to help change female representation outcomes in the tech industry. The girls were shown, through the impressive and inspiring programme, that it is important to grow and network to shape their careers.